Fever occurs in babies due to some infection which are caused by viruses or bacteria or any other foreign body that enters your toddler’s body from the nose or mouth. These harmful microorganisms, when entering your toddler’s body they cause infection.
As the toddler body immune system is fragile, these viruses and bacteria start causes an infection in your toddler body. The body temperature rises because the viruses and bacteria die at this hot temperature.
So due to this reason, fever occurs in your toddler’s body. But when your toddler’s body temperature is above 100.4 F, then this time, you should contact a baby doctor or nurse.
Sign and Symptoms of Pyrexia (Fever):-
There are many signs and symptoms of fever. A few of them are listed below.
- When your toddler’s body temperature is above 100.4 F, then your toddler must have a fever.
- When your toddler body is warm when you feel your toddler body.
- When your toddler continuously shivering and feel cold.
- When your toddler is constantly sweating.
- When your toddler shows fussiness or irritability.
- When your toddler has a loss of appetite or has general body aches.
Is fever is beneficial for your toddler or not?
The fever is very beneficial for your toddler. More antibiotics Cell trained to specifically attack the exact type of invaders that your toddler body is presently suffering from. These antibiotics produced more specific to the agent of disease than any medicines.
More white blood cells produced, circulating, mobilizing and armed to fight off the invading bugs, particular to invaders general category. More interferon produced in your toddler’s body blocks the spread of viruses to healthy cells, walling off the iron, which bacteria feed on. This increased temperature of your toddler body directly kills the microbe.
At which temperature your toddler has a fever:-
The average body temperature of the human body is 37.5 C or 98.6 F, but if your toddler’s body temperature is reached to 100.4 F, then your toddler must have a fever. The body temperature also varies from age to age.
If your toddler is three years old ,and your toddler’s body temperature is 100.4 or higher, then your toddler must have a fever. If your Toddler three to six months, then at 102 F temperature, your toddler must have a fever. If your toddler’s age is six months to 24 months, then your toddler got a pyrexia when his/her body temperature reaches 102 F.
How you can treat your toddler at home?
If a toddler has a fever, you can treat your toddler at home and reduce fever symptoms. Below I mention some point which helps you to treat your toddler at home:
- When your toddler has a fever, then prolonged dehydration occurs, so you should have to give some soup or other fluids, reducing the dehydration and fever in your toddler’s body.
- It would be best and helpful if you also gave a bath to your toddler so that you bring down the temperature of your toddler down. In this way, your toddler fever is reduced. It would be best to keep this thing in your mind that you do not use cold water. You should use the normal water for bathing your toddler.
- It would be best to give medication, which reduces fever, such as Calpol(paracetamol) syrup. And other medicines such as acetaminophen. It would be best if you were prevented from giving your toddler aspirin or other alcohol-containing medication without the doctor’s recommendation.
- You should also remove warm clothes from your toddler because they increase your toddler’s body temperature and cause prolonged fever.
Which thermometer are best and helps you to measure your baby temperature?
There are many kinds of thermometers such as digital thermometer, temporal artery (forehead thermometer), Tympanic ear thermometer, etc. You can also use that thermometer which is according to your toddler age.
Some experts also recommend using a digital thermometer because these thermometers are more accurate. They also recommend that you not use the mercury thermometer because they are not so precise as compared to the digital thermometer.
At what time you have to call a baby doctor or go to the hospital?
If your toddler fever increases and is not reduced by giving acetaminophen or ibuprofen, then you should also go to the hospital or ER. You must contact the doctor or go to the hospital if your toddler shows any of the symptoms which are given below:
- When your toddler has difficulty in breathing, dry lips, or when your Toddler lips color turn in blue.
- When your toddler vomits again and again.
- When your toddler’s dehydration increased with urination.
- When your toddler’s body temperature increases and is not controlled with that medication, you used at your home.
How doctor treat your toddler to reduce fever?
The doctor examines your toddler, and if your toddler has a fever, the doctor injects some vaccines into your toddler’s body. And also recommend some medicines. It would be best to give these medicines properly to your toddler so that your toddler’s fever is reduced.
Sometimes the doctor also admits your toddler if your toddler body becomes weak due to fever. In this case, your toddler proper treatment start, and your toddler gave some medication and fluid inject in your toddler body which provides power ,and strength to your toddler body. In this treatment, the doctor also treated your toddler to reduce fever and other symptoms that occur due to fever.
What you can do to reduce fever?
You should give medication to your toddler, which the doctor recommends to reduce your toddler fever. But if you are giving the medicine, then you should also provide the specific dose to your toddler according to your toddler age.
You can also treat your toddler at your home by giving some fluids like soap, reducing the fever. But you should avoid giving aspirin to your toddler. Because your toddler is tiny, and it will be harmful to your toddler. You should also avoid giving those medications to your toddler, which contain decongestant or antihistamine without the doctor’s recommendation.