Usually, when babies are playing, they experience many things, and then they do not know what they are doing like some babies stuck some object in his/her nose, and then they come to mom that something happened to them.
Some parents alert their babies to these hazards to protect them. But some babies have no idea that while playing, they experience these things, resulting in a lot of trouble for them. Usually, it will be a game piece, pebbles or dirt, bits of food, or decorative beads or bits of play dough.
So what you did when your toddler shoved something in their nostril. You should avoid some things and something that you should try before going to the emergency center.
Read Also : When your Toddler’s Having Trouble Breathing?
How You remove the object from your toddler’s nose?
There I mention some important points so that you can quickly get a foreign object out from your toddler’s nose.
- First of all, you should try to blow your toddler’s nose. You should try to understand your toddler to blow his/her nose if possible; then, you should gently press your toddler’s nostril and easily remove it from your toddler’s nose.
- You can also easily remove the object from your toddler’s nose if you see the thing in your toddler’s nostril. Then with the help of your finger, you can easily remove the item from your toddler’s nose. Usually, some moms use tweezers and other tools to remove the object from the toddler’s nose. Please avoid this; it will push the thing up in your toddler’s nose and injure them.
- You can also use the mother kiss method, which helps remove the object from your baby’s nose. In this method, the mother should put her mouth on the baby’s mouth, hold the nostrils, and then gently blow into the child’s mouth. In that way, the object can easily remove from the toddler’s nose.
Things That you should avoid before going to the Doctor:-
Below I mention some tricks that you should not follow to remove the object from your toddler’s nose.
- It becomes harmful when you try to put cotton buds or cotton balls to remove the object from your toddler’s nose. It can harm your toddler’s nose and put the item deeper in your toddler’s nose.
- Please don’t panic and take it easy because it is very usual, or sometimes babies have no idea what mistakes they are making. So be cool and handle the problem.
- Don’t try to remove the object by holding your finger in your toddler’s nose. It will harm your toddler and move the item up in your toddler’s nostrils.
- Please don’t make it a big deal and trouble your toddler for these mistakes. You should solve the problem and alert your toddler not to do this next time.
When should you have to go to the Doctor?
When you observe that you fail to remove the object from your toddler’s nose and become tired, you should have to go to the emergency center or Doctor to become harmful to your baby. Sometimes, when you go to the doctor late, it is difficult for a doctor to remove it.
Because the object goes up in your toddler’s nose and also swells and becomes hard, so as soon as possible, you should have to go to the Doctor to remove the object.
Below are some points that show that you should have to go to the Doctor now.
- When you are unable to see the object in your toddler’s nostril.
- Your toddler’s nose continuously running and does not stop the nasal discharge.
- Your toddler’s nose starts bleeding and does not stop.
- When you saw that your toddler gets a small battery or chemical-containing thing in his/her nose.
- When you try everything and unable to get the object out from your toddler.
How Doctor remove the object from your toddler’s nose?
When you go to the emergency center and consult a doctor, the Doctor examines your toddler’s nose. The Doctor consoles your baby that nothing happened to him because the baby is scarred from reviewing his/her.
The Doctor saw the object through a nasal speculum ( a small tool used to hold the nostril open. The Doctor then out a small amount of solution so that your toddler blood vessel stops bleeding. Then the Doctor uses a unique forceps tool to remove the object from your toddler’s nose.
If the thing goes far away in the nostril, the Doctor sends the toddler to an ENT doctor or the ER. Sometimes the Doctor also prefers surgery if these methods fail. The baby X-ray shows the critical issue when the object comes from the nose than the doctors recommend TLC or some acetaminophen (Tylenol) to heal the nose.
Sometimes the nose often bleeds after the operation, so don’t worry. Just consult the Doctor to prevent the bleeding.
How to alert toddler from putting things in their nose?
Kids often do not understand which thing is harmful to them. While playing, they put things in their mouth and put their nose and doing these playful strategies. Sometimes you alert your toddler, but they often do this thing again and face a lot of trouble after doing this. If you want to warn your toddler to prevent putting things in their nose, you should follow the steps listed below.
- It is crucial to clean the floor and things that are harmful to your toddler.
- Train your child to prevent putting things in her nose that are become harmful for them.
- It would help if you also alerted your toddler that the toy pieces containing chemicals like the stuff do not get into your nose.
- When you see the harmful pieces of games on the floor, you must clean them so that your baby does not put them in their nose, causing problems for you.
- It would be best if you also kept an eye on your toddler when your toddler is playing. Because babies too do this while playing, they have no idea that it will be harmful.