It is ubiquitous that parents snore when they are sleeping, but this quality is also found in their children because some parent’s characters are transferred to their children’s. Usually, you hear a snoring sound from your baby’s room, and you feel that it is normal because you think that your child is tired from all the day playtime and he/she is sleeping comfortably. But if your toddler snoring sound is too loud and noisy, then it is not normal. At this time, you should talk with the doctor or nurse.
Read Also : Does Your Toddler/Baby Have a cold?
Types of snoring:-
There are two types of snoring which are given below:
Temporary Snoring or Mild Snoring:-
The children who are three years old often snore when they sleep deeply. This type of snoring is termed temporary snoring or mild snoring. Usually, twenty-seven percent of childern snore when they sleep very deeply.
When your child is regularly snoring (every day), they start snoring once they sleep. Then this type of snoring is termed primary snoring. Usually, ten to twelve percent of the child snoring is primary snoring.
Is Snoring is normal for your Baby or Toddler:-
When your toddler is snoring at once, it is normal, and no need to worry about your children snoring. But when you see that your child is snoring every day or continuously three to four days, it is not normal. At this time you should contact the Doctor, or nurse . Or you have to go to the hospital so that no further problems arise from your childern irregular snoring.
Sign and Symptoms of Snoring:-
There are many signs and symptoms, which shows that snoring is not perfect for your toddler. Below I mention some sign and symptoms which indicates that your toddler snoring is not regular.
- When your toddler is snoring every night, most parents consider that their child is snoring because they are tired from playing. But it is also noted that your childern is playing even when they are tired from playing. So regularly, snoring is harmful to your toddler.
- When your toddler wakes up, and he/she shows irritability or aggressive behavior or cranky.
- When you feel that your toddler is not actively involved in playing or other things and he/she shows a continuously tiring Mood.
- When your toddler does not wake you at the proper time or you feel it challenging to wake up your toddler, Even when your toddler takes eight or more hours of sleep, this type of snoring is harmful to your toddler.
- Snoring also results in wetting the bed. Because you sometimes notice that your toddler wet the bed.
- When your toddler does not actively take an interest in their daily task or when he/she insist on not going to school, then this snoring is not regular for your toddler.
Which factors result in Snoring In Your Toddler:-
Many factors cause snoring in your toddler. A few of them are listed below.
1. Obstructive Sleep Apnea(OSA):-
One of the significant causing agents of snoring in your toddler is obstructive sleep apnea(OSA). It results in chronic, problematic snoring. This condition results in obstruction of airflow, which results in severe snoring in your toddler.
2. Enlarged Tonsils:-
When your toddler has enlarged tonsils, snoring occurs in your toddler in especially in deep sleeping.
The other factor involves in snoring in your toddler is adenoids. It results in obstruction of the nasal airway of your toddler. This factor disturbed your child’s sleeping and also affected your toddler’s time activity.
Causes of Snoring In your Toddler:-
There are many causes of snoring in your toddler. A few of them are listed below.
- Obesity is a primary causing agent of snoring in your toddler. Obesity results in a narrowing of the airway and also increases obstructive sleep apnea(OSA).
- Congestion is the second major cause of snoring in your toddler. It results in the blockage of the smooth muscles and also inflames the tonsils and adenoids.
- Allergies also cause snoring in your childern.
- Asthma also causes snoring in your toddler. It inhibits the normal quite breathing and blocks the airway, which causes severe snoring in tour child.
- Anatomic characteristics also involve snoring in your toddler. This condition results in blockage of the airway in your toddler. So your toddler, not able to breathe normally and to snore at night time.
- If someone in your home or surrounding environment smoking, then it also causes snoring in your toddler.
- Snoring in your toddler is also sometimes occurs when your toddler is breathing in contaminated air.
- If you provide your toddler shorter breastfeeding duration, this will also cause snoring in your toddler.
When you contact with the Doctor:-
When you observe that your toddler is snoring more than three to four days or when your toddler is regularly snoring, your toddler feels hard to breathe or is inactively involved in daily activities, or not wakes up at the proper time. This type of snoring is harmful to your toddler. At this time, you should contact a baby doctor or nurse.
How Doctor that your Toddler:-
Some doctors recommend medication that helps to cure the snoring in your toddler. But in the case of nasal obstruction or airway problems, the doctors use a positive airway pressure device that is either continuous (CPAP) or bi-level airway pressure devise (BiPAP). For removing tonsils and adenoids, some doctors also preferred surgery.
How Can You reduce snoring In your Toddler:-
Below I mention some points which help you to reduce snoring in your toddler:
- You should practice your toddler a better hygienic sleep pattern which helps to reduces snoring in your toddler.
- You should provide a better sleep environment to your toddler by reducing light exposure or reducing screen time before your toddler goes for sleep.
- You can also reduce snoring in your child by making a consistent schedule for your toddler’s sleep.
- Some babies like to sleep in quite a place or bedroom. A little noise can affect their sleep. So you should also provide comfortable and sound sleeping to your toddler.